20 Month Term Position Posting
Manager, Employment Development & Public Relations
SCE LifeWorks is a non-profit organization with a Mission to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities to work and participate in the community.
The Manager’s responsibilities include the development of employment opportunities for the people we serve, the promotion of SCE LifeWorks’ services to businesses/employers and other key stakeholders, and for coordination and planning of events that will increase SCE Lifeworks’ profile in the community. The successful candidate will possess:
- a belief that individuals labeled with intellectual/developmental disabilities deserve the opportunity to work in the community;
- excellent relationship-building skills, particularly with the business community; ability to maintain and build upon relationships;
- an ability to represent SCE LifeWorks and the people we serve in a professional manner;
- a drive to produce positive employment outcomes for the people we serve;
- strong marketing skills including an working knowledge of current engagement tools;
- energetic and outgoing personality;
- ability to work with minimal supervision;
- demonstrated ability in event planning;
- demonstrated flexibility and an ability to work as a team player;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work;
- Clear criminal, adult and child abuse registry checks;
- preferred: an undergraduate degree in marketing or a related field
We have a cost-shared benefits package and pension plan.
The hired candidate, if successful in the role, will be considered for term renewal.
Please submit resume and cover letter by noon, Thursday April 12th 2018 to:
Oly Backstrom, Pres/CEO
227-530 Century St.
Fax: 783 2555
* * *
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers