SCE LifeWorks is a charitable, non-profit organization that supports Manitobans with developmental disabilities to work and participate in the community.
SCE LifeWorks is accepting cover letters and resumes for the Accountant position.
The Accountant is responsible for the organization’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports including monthly bank reconciliations. This position involves responsibility for general accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
Job Duties include:
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements for President/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all accounts.
- Oversee the cheque preparation, coding and posting of invoices, preparing deposits and petty cash.
- Manage the billing cycle, including production of invoices and supporting documentation.
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews with support from the President & CEO and treasurer.
- Liaise with project staff and support them in book-keeping needs related to their program areas.
- Manage reconciliation of subledgers (A/R and A/P).
- Support payroll functions (ability to complete all aspects of payroll when Office Manager is away)
- Oversee internal system of cash management.
- Exert care and control over assets and records and establish procedures for safeguarding.
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for financial and accounting processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support financial records.
- Provide forensic accounting services as necessary.
- Is responsible for compliance with the Charities Directorate/Revenue Canada; prepares annual Charity Return.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Has the responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
The Successful candidate must possess:
- CPA designation (level 3 minimum)
- A clear criminal, child, and adult abuse registry check
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and financial management preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of Quickbooks. Excel and Word.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- A clear criminal record, child abuse and adult abuse registry check
Deadline for applications is Friday June 7, 2019
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Oly Backstrom, President & CEO, SCE LifeWorks
Email: email@example.com Fax: 204 783 2555
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers