Individualized Support Services is Hiring!
We currently are interviewing for three positions in our Individualized Support Services:
- An Individualized Support Worker is needed to provide support to a gentleman who has an intellectual disability and a physical disability. This gentleman has a full week of volunteering, swimming, and physiotherapy exercises that keep him busy. He is seeking a staff person who has a vehicle and can assist him in successfully completing his week. This gentleman is hoping to find a staff person who can match his sunny outlook and positive energy when working towards his goals. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. The starting rate is $13.12 per hour, for 40 hours each week.
- An Individualized Support Worker is needed to support one gentleman on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week, and another gentleman on Tuesday and Thursday each week. Hours are 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. These two gentlemen are looking for a staff who can assist them at their worksites. Maintaining their paid employment is an important goal for each of these gentlemen, and the support staff assists them in keeping on track and performing work duties as assigned. There is some recreation and leisure support provided as well. The staff person also assists each of these gentlemen with navigating public transportation around the city. The starting rate is $13.12 per hour, for 40 hours each week.
- A full time, permanent, Individualized Support Worker Float is required to provide coverage for staff who are away and when positions are vacant. When not covering for staff who are away, the Float trains with supported individuals in Individualized Support Services. The Float is a skilled staff person who enjoys variety and can adapt to support many different people in many different locations and activities. Although extensive training is provided in this position, the ideal staff person will have experience and/or education in Social Services. A vehicle is required for this position. The Float must be available to work from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. The starting rate is $13.58 per hour, for 40 hours each week.
Deadline for application for all three positions: Wednesday July 31, 2019 (though please note we are actively interviewing for these positions now, so apply early!)
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, or would like more information, please contact Ann Kupfer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 204.775.9402.
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers